This is my Aunt Kath's recipe for Lemon Drizzle cake
Main Index >> Recipes Index
- 4 oz stork margarine (in a tub not a block)
- 6 oz self raising flour
- 6 oz sugar (probably said caster but granulated works just as well)
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Bottle of lemon juice
- Small amount of milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Put all the above ingredients on a bowl and mix until it is well mixed and smooth. Add enough milk to give a softer consistency (the recipe said 1 tablespoon but it tends to need a little more).
- Transfer the mixture to a lined 2lb loaf tin.
- Bake for about 50 minutes - depending on your oven - test in the usual way to make sure it is done.
- While it is cooking blend together
to give a smooth gooey paste.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 oz icing sugar
- Immediately the cake comes out of the oven, make lots of deep holes in it with a skewer.
- Sprinkle liberally with bottled lemon juice then spoon the lemon drizzle mixture evenly over the cake.
- Leave to cool - then enjoy!